Sunday, October 5, 2008

Simulation Prep Reflection

 This week my group has been preparing for our simulation. Since my group is the American Manufactures Association we seem to have a pretty clear point. Getting our main ideas for filming was easy because of the clarity of our point. The actual writing of the script was difficult for me to help with because I’m not a very creative person. But I did what I could, making suggestions where I thought I had something to offer. Filming throughout the week was a lot of fun, although it was difficult, because there aren’t many things to be filmed in Washington that are relevant to car manufacturing, like a manufacturing plant. But that was ok. I really hope that “President Jackson” sees our point and will vote in favor of our group. It’s been interesting because this has been the talk of our floor. It seems like everywhere you go in our LC, people are talking about the project, what their ideas are, when and where to film, etc. This has been great to get the whole LC focused on a certain project. In the past I have had mixed feelings on group projects. I’m the kind of person who likes to get my work done early and ahead of time, and in a group that’s not always that easy to do. But I always figure out how to deal with that and they have always gotten in on time. This skill is good to be figuring out how to work in a group because group work won’t stop this year or even when I get out of college.  There is almost always going to be some group project to work on in the business sphere. On the other hand, group projects in college are usually a “change of pace” and a hands on learning experience which is nice. Also the way the group works together definitely influences the enjoyment of the project. Our group worked together really well, which made this fun. So, this group project was great, because in addition to our group working well together it was great to have an interactive learning experience dealing with world politics.

No comments: