Sunday, October 19, 2008

Financial Crisis Reflect Part II and Presidential Debates

Well even through it’s only been a week since I wrote my last reflection, a lot has change regarding the world financial situation. Now it’s not just a problem for the United States but for the entire world. Many countries government are working with their national banks to bail them out. In the United States the Dow Jones Average is still fluctuating. On principle I don’t like that all these countries are balling their national banks out, but I do believe that it certainly has to be done. The world cannot let the financial markets collapse because there would be monumental consequences. Also the rest of the world shouldn’t be so quick to criticize the United States. Back when it was the United States being affected and the rest of the world wasn’t feeling the effects, other countries were critical of how we in the United States was handling our money. Honestly I think those other countries are “talking out of both sides of their mouth,” There still critical of the US regarding money but their going through similar situations in their own countries. More and more families are being affected by this crisis and once again the government needs to figure out a way that regular people aren’t paying for the mistakes of Wall Street and big financial institutions.

Also another event that I believe warrants reflection is the presidential debates. Last Wednesday, October 15 was the last presidential debate. I personally didn’t watch any of the debates because I fell that all the candidates do during the debate is bicker. I can form my own opinions without watching that. I do believe that we need change at the highest levels of government and I’m excited to see who wins the election.

No comments: